Depending on where you operate and the kind of gear that you rent, you might need to test or inspect your kit. PAT, Test & Tag, and LOLER are common tests for our customers.
Even if it’s not a legal requirement, you might like to periodically check your assets to make sure that they’re safe and up to your company’s standards.
With Testing & Inspection in Current RMS, you can:
- Set up the different kinds of inspections or tests that you do.
- Say which kit needs testing and how often.
- See a list of all upcoming tests.
- Filter the list of tests by due date, inspection type, product group, or tags.
- Log test results, including pass/fail status and additional values.
- See a full history of an asset’s test results.
- Print test documents.
- Get warnings when assets that are due a test are allocated to an opportunity, or prevent Current RMS from letting you allocate them altogether.
How does Testing & Inspection work?
- Create inspections in System Setup > Inspections
This is where you set up the types of tests that you do, how often you do them, and the values that you record.
- Apply tests to your products
Edit your products and tick the types of test that apply to the product’s assets.
- Test your assets
Use the Testing & Inspections screen to see all of the assets that you need to test and log results.
In Current RMS, you set up your own inspections – so you can choose exactly the kind of data that you’d like to record.
Common tests that folks record in Current RMS:
- Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) in the UK and Ireland.
- LOLER in the UK, or ICOPER standards internationally.
- Test & Tag in Australia and New Zealand.
- OSHA 1910.184 and ASME B30.9 in the USA.
- DGUV Vorschrift 3 in Germany.
Many US states have their own regulations, e.g. Washington state has stringent inspection requirements for rigging gear. The same is true for EU member states.
PAT test devices
There’s a few ways that you can bring in test results from PAT testers or other testing devices:
- Import results using a CSV spreadsheet.
- Use PATorganiser’s integration to interface directly with testing devices.
- Build your own integration using our open API.
Ready to start?
Can I test bulk or non-stock?
No. Only inventory that’s serialized may be tested, since test results must be associated with a unique identifier.
Remember, just because you’ve serialized something doesn’t mean you have to allocate an asset to it on an opportunity. You may mark a group booking as prepped or booked out.
Can I print test documents?
Absolutely. Head to a stock level page to pull off documents like certificates. See: Work with asset inspection results