At the core of Current RMS is a powerful availability engine that keeps track of how much rental stock you have. Availability is how much stock you have available now and in future.
Availability is automatically calculated in the background when you take actions in the system that impact your stock, for example:
- Adding products to an opportunity
- Changing the start or end date of an opportunity
- Marking a quotation as reserved
- Writing off an asset
- Transferring stock between stores
- Creating a quarantine for a stock level
Want to learn more about how availability is calculated? Check out: How is availability calculated?
Where can you check availability?
You can get availability information in a variety of places in Current RMS:
Resources > Availability
A company-wide overview of all of your stock.
Availability for a particular product, including stock levels.
An overview of what’s available on an opportunity.
Picker and Add New Opportunity Item screen
When you add products to an opportunity, you'll see real-time availability.
We’ve got guides that run through each of these screens, check out the links above to find out more.
Make smart decisions
Availability information is present throughout Current RMS to help you make smart decisions about your stock.
- The picker shows you real-time availability figures for the period of the opportunity that you’re working on.
- Shortages are highlighted in red on orders – letting you work through items that need your attention.
- The “Upcoming orders with shortages” tile on the dashboard shows you any opportunities where you don’t have sufficient stock.
- Orders with shortages have a red ⚠️ symbol next to their name in the list so you can see straight away that there’s a shortage that needs to be resolved.
Tools to prevent and resolve shortages
By default, your Current RMS system will allow you to overbook stock – this is so that it doesn’t prevent you from getting an order out of the door if you’ve simply forgotten to check-in stock on a previous order or can easily sub-rent from another supplier.
There’s a number of features available to prevent and resolve shortages:
Enforce stock availability
Don’t want to allow overbooking? Turn it off in System Preferences.
Mark as provisional or reserved
Got a quotation that’s very likely to proceed? Mark as reserved to reserve stock, or mark as provisional to provisionally allocate assets.
Overdue returns tile
See a count of any opportunities where the end date has elapsed and items haven’t yet been checked-in.
Auto convert overdue bookings to open ended rentals
Automatically change availability for products that haven’t been checked-in from opportunities where the end date has elapsed.
Easily mark items as sub-rented to resolve any shortages.
Change your availability period
Control when stock should become available again once it’s been returned.
Post Rent Unavailability
Do you have kit that needs cleaning or maintaining between rentals? Set post rent unavailability time against products to allow for turnaround time.
Use the links above to learn more.