When would you use the import and export tools?
- If you’re an existing Sage user and new to Current RMS, import your contacts from Sage to create corresponding linked organizations in Current.
- If you’re an existing Current RMS user and new to Sage, export your organizations from Current RMS to Sage to create corresponding linked contacts in Sage.
- If you’ve used both Current RMS and Sage in parallel for a while but haven’t integrated the two: import from Sage to create to create organizations in Current and export from Current to create contacts in Sage.
Automatically create and update linked contacts
Don’t forget, Current RMS includes two settings to keep your organizations and Sage contacts in sync:
- Create a linked Sage Contact when creating an Organization?
- Update the linked Sage Contact when editing an Organization?
If you have both of these settings enabled and only maintain your customers in Current RMS, you shouldn’t need to use the import or export tools after you’ve initially integrated your systems.
To learn more, see: Set up the Sage integration
Go to System Setup > Integrations > Sage to access the import and export tools.
To import contacts from Sage to Current RMS as organizations, hit the blue Import contacts button.
- A new organization is created in Current for each active Sage contact that’s not already linked to an organization in Current RMS.
- Organizations in Current that are already linked to Sage contacts are updated with information in Sage.
Review the information on the pop-up box carefully and hit the blue Import contacts button to start the process. You’ll be notified by email when the import is completed.
Existing linked contacts
When organizations in Current RMS are already linked to Sage, keep in mind that data in Current RMS will be overwritten with data from Sage. Be sure that the information in Sage is up-to-date. This might be problematic if you have the “Update the linked Sage Contact when editing an organization?” toggle set to NO in Current.
⚠️ Please note: There’s no way to recover information in Current replaced by information from Sage.
In Current RMS, organization names don’t have to be unique. Make sure that you’ve linked existing organizations to Sage contacts or duplicate organizations may be created.
To prevent accidental data loss, if you remove data from a field in Sage and import, the corresponding field will not be cleared in Current RMS.
To export organizations from Current RMS to Sage as contacts, click the blue Export organizations button.
- A new contact is created in Sage for each unlinked organization in Current RMS.
- Contacts in Sage that are already linked to organizations in Current are updated with information in Current.
Review the information on the pop-up box carefully and hit the blue Export organizations button to start the process. You’ll be notified by email when the import is completed.
Existing linked contacts
When contacts in Sage are already linked to organizations in Current RMS, keep in mind that data in Sage will be overwritten with data from Current RMS. Be sure that the information in Current RMS is up-to-date.
You can create multiple organizations with the same name in both Current RMS and Sage. Make sure that you’ve linked existing Sage contacts to organizations in Current RMS to avoid errors with duplicates arising.
To prevent accidental data loss, if you remove data from a field in Current RMS and import, the corresponding field will not be cleared in Sage.
Which fields are updated between the systems?
The name, telephone numbers, email address, address, and account number fields are updated. For a full list, check out our guide: Additional notes about the Sage integration
I didn’t receive an email, what should I do?
The time for an import or export to complete depends on how much data you’re importing or exporting, our server load, and the server load of Sage.
Generally, this shouldn’t take too long. If you haven’t received the message yet, check your junk email folder as these emails sometimes don’t get through those filters.
If you’ve not received the email after about an hour, contact the Customer Success team using the green help bubble ↘️
The Sage integration is currently in beta. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or use the chat bubble to report any issues.