Use our Xero integration to post invoices straight from Current RMS to Xero and keep your organizations up-to-date between the systems.
What is Xero?
Xero is easy to use online accounting software that’s designed specifically for small businesses.
- It’s all online, so you can work when and where you want to. Just login with your PC, Mac, or mobile.
- Your bank statements are automatically imported and categorized, letting you see your cashflow in real-time.
- Invite your team and work together on financials. You can collaborate over your up-to-date numbers.
- Xero has all you need to run your business – including invoicing, paying bills, sales tax returns, reporting and much more.
Find out more or try Xero Accounting Software for free.
How does the integration work?
There’s four key parts to our integration with Xero:
- Create links between organizations in Current and contacts in Xero
When you create an organization in Current, a new linked contact is automatically created in Xero. And when you update an organization in Current, the contact in Xero is kept up-to-date!
- Import and export organizations
Use our import and export tools to import Xero contacts to Current or export Current RMS organizations to Xero.
- Post invoices and credits straight to Xero
Once integrated, there’s a new post invoice option on the invoice screen to post an invoice directly to Xero.
- Log payments in Current posted to Xero
Use the take payment action in Current RMS to log payments received against posted invoices in Xero.
Do I need the integration with Xero?
You don’t need to use Xero to use Current RMS.
Current comes with some accounting functionality built-in: create invoices and credits – including part invoices – and log payments against them. For some businesses, this might be all you need.
If you’re looking for advanced functionality such as bank reconciliation, customer account statements, expense tracking, or payroll, then you should consider an accounts package like Xero.
Xero or QuickBooks Online?
We also provide an integration with QuickBooks Online, another cloud-based accounts solution. Interested in the differences between the integrations? Check out: Differences between the Xero and QuickBooks Online integrations
Your rental management solution and your accounts package are two of the most critical parts of your rental business, so it’s important to get the integration right.
To get started, see our guide: Set up the Xero integration
Don’t struggle! If you need anything, use the green help bubble at the bottom-right to start a conversation with us ↘️