Discussions are a way of sending messages from your Current RMS system to users, contacts, organizations, and venues you have added to People & Organizations.
- Your Current RMS users will receive the message through Current, everyone else will get the discussion as email.
- Any replies to discussion emails come back into Current, meaning everything stays in one place and everyone in the team is in-the-loop.
- You can create discussions throughout Current RMS, including creating discussions from document layouts.
- Discussions include a range of tools to help you see who’s read a message and control who receives future messages.
- Customize and brand the email templates sent from Current RMS.
Discussions in Current RMS are created regarding a record in your system, e.g. regarding an opportunity or regarding an organization. You can create discussions on:
- Contact, organization, user, or venue pages
- Opportunity, project, or invoice & credit pages
- Product, service, vehicle, quarantine pages
- Activities pages
You'll see any discussions listed on the left hand side of any of those pages:
Click into a discussion to view it.
When you receive a reply to a discussion that you’re a participant of, you’ll receive an email and you’ll see this in the “Unread discussions” tile on the dashboard.