If you operate from multiple depots, branches, or warehouses, use Stores in Current RMS to specify that you hold stock in different locations.
- Stores share products, but have separate stock levels.
- Availability figures today and the dashboard reflect the store that you’re in.
- You can set stores against opportunities, projects, and invoices & credits. Availability is determined by the stock levels at the store you set.
- Easily transfer stock between stores using Store Transfer.
- Stores share People & Organizations, document layouts, and other settings.
- You can set up different addresses, telephone numbers, and other contact information against stores and these show on document layouts.
When would you use stores
Stores are great if you hold stock in multiple locations, for example a warehouse in New York and a warehouse in California.
Keep in mind:
- When creating an opportunity, you set a store and you can use stock from that store on the opportunity.
- There’s only one invoice numbering sequence in Current RMS and stores share this.
- Stores share much of your data, though you can filter across some modules to see your active store.
Your default store
When you set up Current RMS initially, a store is created called “Default”. The address is automatically set to the same as your company address when you signed up for Current.
Feel free to edit this in System Setup > Stores. Find your default store in the list, click the blue arrow to the right, and choose Edit.
Add new stores
To add new stores, head to System Setup > Stores and click add store.
Fill out the fields on this screen
Enter the name for your store, e.g. “New York”
Optionally select an image to represent this store. This doesn’t show on our default documents, but can be added using Liquid syntax.
Telephone, email, weblinks
Enter a telephone, email address, and weblink for your store. These show up at the top of most default documents generated by Current RMS.
Enter the address for your store. This shows at the top of most default documents generated by Current RMS and may be used for tax calculation, depending on how you’ve set your system up.
When you’re done, click the blue Create Store button.
Switch between stores
Set the active store by clicking the store name at the top-right underneath your name.
The active store is used as the default when creating opportunities, projects, and invoices & credits.
The sales pipeline and other figures on the dashboard reflect your active store, as do availability figures that you see in Resources > Products.