After you’ve issued an invoice in Current RMS, it’s just one click to post to your linked accounts solution.
Head to the invoice or credit you wish to post. Make sure it’s issued by hitting the Issue Invoice link under Actions, then click Post Invoice under Actions.
That’s it! Current RMS will post the invoice to your accounts solution. If all goes well, you’ll see a green notification at the top-right.
What happens when I post?
When you post to Xero, Current will check to make sure that:
- the invoice or credit organization is linked to a Xero contact
- the default Xero account is set when it is required
- the revenue groups for the invoice items are mapped to Xero accounts
- the tax rates for the invoice items are mapped to Xero tax rates
- the invoice store is mapped to a Xero tracking category option when a tracking category has been selected
When you post to QuickBooks Online, Current will check to make sure that:
- the invoice or credit organization is linked to a QuickBooks customer
- the default QuickBooks product/service is set when it is required
- the revenue groups for the invoice items are mapped to a QuickBooks product/service
- the tax rates for the invoice items are mapped to QuickBooks tax rates and those QuickBooks tax rates are associated with sales tax groupings within the QuickBooks Tax Settings.
When these checks fail
If any of these fail, Current will let you know with a red warning message at the top-right.
We’ve got a guide that runs through some of the messages that you might encounter and how to fix them, see:
Check the status of the invoice
Once posted, Current will show you the status of the invoice in Xero or QuickBooks Online on the right-hand side of your invoice.
View the invoice in Xero or QuickBooks Online
Jump straight to the invoice in Xero or QuickBooks online by using the Xero Invoice or QuickBooks Invoice links under Actions on the right. You’ll need to log in to view.