All of the document layouts that come with Current RMS are fully customizable, meaning that you can make your quotations, invoices, delivery notes, and other documents reflect your company branding and identity.
There are three ways to change your documents:
- Make basic changes in System Setup
This includes changing page size, colors, and other attributes.
- Clone or create documents to get access to the underlying HTML
You can make changes yourself or speak to a web designer or developer for assistance.
- Use our document layout modification service
If you’re not familiar with HTML and need more advanced changes, use our free service.
We’ll run through how our free service works in this guide and what you can expect.
What kind of changes can we make?
HTML & CSS are very flexible, so we can style almost everything that makes up a document layout.
- Colors and font styles can be changed to match your branding.
- Spacing can be reduced or increased.
- Wording can be changed, e.g. “VAT” or “GST” rather than “Tax.”
- Images can be added or re-sized, including your company logo and product images.
- Data from your Current RMS system can be added or removed depending on the document, e.g. discount percentage for an opportunity item, product weight, an asset location.
- Custom fields that you have set up against a variety of modules can be pulled through to the layouts.
- New document types can be created based on the information in your system, e.g. an opportunity risk assessment document.
A quick note on fonts
Since Current RMS is a web application, fonts used in your documents must be web fonts. Google Fonts is a great source of web fonts. We can’t guarantee that web fonts will work correctly when converted to PDF, so be sure to chat to our team about your requirements first.
How does the process work?
Using our document layout modification service is a three step process:
- Send us your requirements.
Let us know how you'd like your documents to look.
- We’ll send you new documents.
Based on your requirements, we’ll create your layouts and send you a file that you can upload to your Current RMS system to review.
- Feedback to us and we’ll send you any amendments.
Let us know your feedback on the initial versions and we'll make any further changes you wish.
How do I send requirements?
To get started, simply contact one of our customer success team members by emailing us at email@example.com or hitting the green help bubble at the bottom right ↘️
We’ll need to know:
- How you’d like your documents to look, providing as much detail as possible.
- Which documents you’d like to change, if you’d like amendments to our standard ones or have previously amended layouts.
After you’ve sent us your changes, one of the team will be in touch to confirm receipt and discuss any requirements in more detail with you.
What’s the turnaround time for document changes?
Turnaround time depends on the complexity and scale of changes required to your documents, and the number of changes in progress with our other customers.
Average estimated turnaround time now: Our document layout modification service is very popular at the moment, so we aim to deliver most documents within 6 weeks.
Once you’ve sent us your requirements, we’ll provide you with a personalized ETA and keep you posted of the progress of your changes during the process.
Turnaround time for amendments
After you’ve provided us with feedback on your first set of documents, we’ll make your amendments a priority so you can start using your documents as soon as possible.
If amendments are substantial, these may take a little longer.
In order to be fair to all of our customers, additional changes after the first set of revisions may require a further wait. Similarly, if you submit amendments and your requirements change substantially during the process, these might take a little longer too.
We’ll always keep you posted on our progress with your layouts.
Customers in trial
We don’t start work on document layouts while customers are in their free 30 day trial, but we’re happy to discuss your requirements with you before you transition to a paid plan.
If you need documents sooner, we can transition you to a paid plan sooner. Let us know using the green help bubble ↘️
We’re happy to help
If you have any questions about document layouts or our modification service, start a conversation with us and we’ll be happy to help!